|Company||Trouw Nutrition Ireland|
Trouw Nutrition Ireland seeks to invite applications for the following permanent post:
Operations Manager - Job Ref No.TRN014
Trouw Nutrition is part of Nutreco, a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. We are dedicated to reaching our goals under the guidance of Quality, Innovation and Sustainability and through the hiring of talented motivated individuals.
So, when you decide to work for Trouw Nutrition Ireland - you're not just choosing a Company of Feed Additives, Minerals and Premixes: you're working with us to help us achieve the real vision, to improve the farm efficiency of food production around the world, to create more value together and to help feed the future, naturally and sustainably.
Who we are looking for
Trouw Nutrition are seeking an experienced Operations Manager to lead, inspire and develop a small team in Ireland. The Operations Manager will be an integral part of the Management team and will play a key role in helping bring the business to its next level to maximise productivity, efficiency, quality, safety and customer service, whilst minimizing cost.
The successful candidate will deploy Global standards in Safety, Quality and Lean/performance. In line with the development of the business, another important aspect of the role will be to drive major CAPEX projects and potential foot printing and sourcing, whilst focusing on the production strategy, with a long-term vision in mind.
The successful candidate will be a confident, motivated and ambitious individual with demonstrable experience working in a high pressured, fast-paced production environment and have a passion for developing and leading people and achieving success.
- Manage and develop the production, engineering and planning departments to achieve targets in line with agreed KPI’s and SQCDME
- Encourage and drive implementation of and adherence to Company and Statutory Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures and target 0% accident rate
- Ensure the quality of manufactured goods through effective management and ownership of quality systems
- Drive the development of a continuous improvement culture within the operational departments – Yields, OE, defect rate • Responsible for budget setting (OPEX, CAPEX, Inventories), control and ownership in the responsible departments and minimise operational expenditure within the business wherever possible
- Drive Environmental parameters
- Develop team (retention, turnover etc.)
- Liaise with direct reports to agree, implement and monitor manpower planning/utilisation requirements in line with Company objectives (Service level, stock level etc.)
- Manage the development and performance of teams through a culture of coaching, skills development and increased accountability
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Degree in a Science, Engineering or Production related discipline
- At least 6 years’ experience in manufacturing management, within a high volume, target driven environment
- At least 2 years’ experience in Supply Chain and Customer Service
- Track record of continuous improvement and people development
- Knowledge/use of Lean/six sigma principles
- Demonstrable experience of implementing and driving change
- Demonstrable experience in overseeing the completion of Capital Projects
Knowledge, qualifications, or experience of the following would be an advantage:
- Previous experience working in industries involving blending powders e.g. Food, premix, pharma
- Visible and strong leadership and management skills
- Strong coaching/mentoring ability
- Proven communication and collaboration skills
- Good standard of knowledge and awareness on current Health and Safety requirements/legislation
- Food safety, HACCP, Traceability
- Production and Maintenance
- CAPEX, product launch, Supply Chain change
- Demand and Supply Planning, MRP and S&OP
- 5S, KPI Management, problem solving and root cause analysis, TPM, SMED
- Budget Management, OPEX, cash out and Inventory Management
Hierarchically to Ireland Opco General Manager and functionally to ECAM Operations Director
This job will be based in Northern Ireland but may require travel to ROI and Europe on occasions
An attractive package is on offer to the successful candidate, which includes a competitive salary, health plan and company pension. Locally, we offer the opportunity of joining the Nutreco family within a small, highly motivated and dedicated team.
Working for Trouw Nutrition Ireland brings all the advantages and opportunities of working for an international market leader while feeling part of a local Company. Within Nutreco there are a wealth of possibilities.
Please send us a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 19th December 2018. CV’s received after the closing date will not be accepted.
Trouw Nutrition is an equal opportunity employer and applications are welcome regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, political or religious beliefs, disability or marital status